Growing automation in company processes, in the most varied of sectors, leads to the generation of vast amounts of data which, if not properly handled, can lead to the registering of incidents, problems and change requests.
Service Desk is a system of people, processes and products which acts as an interface between users and all corporate ICT services, managing assistance request steps and the resolution of all incidents and problems.
The use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning can streamline decision-making processes and improve the speed and accuracy of business processes.
In coordinating service desk operations AI can therefore:
- Facilitate the restoration of normal service operation in the shortest possible time.
- Reduce the effort needed to resolve notifications of incidents and process service requests.
- Support less expert operators with knowledge acquired from the best.
- Lead to significant improvements in the quality of the service desk itself and
- significantly reduce costs.
Maps Smart Desk Assistant: AI supporting better Service Desk management.
Smart Desk Assistant (SDA) by Maps is the Intelligent Automation system based on machine learning techniques which sets out to:
- make suggestions to operators for the purpose of uniforming knowledge within the service desk team and support them during periods of intense activity or stress;
- provide support for team supervisors.
In the first case, to make suggestions to the operator, Smart Desk Assistant can be:
- integrated with the API of the tracking system (for example ServiceNow);
- used as an independent application;
- integrated with a conversation bot which can simulate an intelligent conversation with the user. In this way, Smart Desk Assistant can understand the intent and interest of the user and propose solutions.
In the second case, to offer support to supervisors, Smart Desk Assistant
- allows supervisors to monitor the work of the team;
- it can be used to approve the work of both the virtual assistant (Smart Desk Assistant) and the human operator.
How does Smart Desk Assistant work?
- It fills in key fields (category, subcategory, assignment group, urgency, impact and other) and functions with any selected set of request attributes;
- it automatically adjusts itself to organizational changes,
- it learns even in the presence of human error;
- it connects to ServiceNow (or other similar system) with different integration techniques.
Service management lies at the center of the Smart Desk Assistant system to guarantee the correct delivery of services, an increase in the capacity of corporate resources (with a marked reduction in costs) and the strengthening of corporate workflow automation processes.
And that’s not all, the system
- reduces breaches of the Service Level Agreement;
- reduces request classification errors and speeds up processing of the same, putting in place a highly accurate classification (the same if not better than that of a human operator).
And for anyone using ITIL? Maps and intervention for EFSA.
An example of Smart Desk Assistant use is that of the EFSA, the European Food Safety Authority which has adopted ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), a series of guidelines for the management of IT services.
The use of Smart Desk Assistant in an ITIL context has brought with it the following benefits:
- Continuous improvement in the service: SDA is configured as a useful support tool for the supervisor;
- For service Operators: SDA becomes a valid help for routing and classifying tickets;
- Service Management: with SDA, calculation of the Service Level Agreement is more objective.
If you want to try out how SDA works, take a look at a work diagram as shown in the figure:
Throughout the trial period you will be able to use the following applications:
‘Suggestion’ application for classifying new tickets and suggesting solutions from previously resolved cases.
‘Control’ application for an in-depth analysis of faults.
In the Digital Transformation and Internet of Things era, the need is to continuously speed up functions and only thanks to an evolved service management, which takes care of managing work processes, is this possible.
Because streamlining and simplification are achieved through automation. And through Smart Desk Assistant by Maps.