IT Technical Support Engineer
Are you an experienced IT Engineer with thing for troubleshooting? Can you work to deadlines and own your work-load? Are you keen to display your skills in a customer-focused environment?
At Maps Group we are looking for IT enthusiasts who are looking to further a career in IT with a company that dominate their field.
As a technical support engineer you will be part of our Operations team, dedicated to design, deploy, configure and support the IT infrastructure and applications of one of our most important customers operating in the Food Health & Safety field.
Liaising with our 1st line Help Desk, you will provide second and third level IT support for the infrastructure and application layers of our customer IT system (internal web portal, IT infrastructure and tools, taylor made applications and asset management systems).
Working within strict SLA’s and KPI’s, your day-to-day will involve troubleshooting high priority issues and problem-solving, using various diagnostic tools, providing resolution to incidents and ultimately reach customer satisfaction.
Your dedication will help to maintain the high quality of our systems and deliver a solid service to our end customers. You will also be working closely with our delivery team when new software packages are required.
This position requires both technological background and strong communication skills as well as a customer-oriented mindset. To be successful, you must be comfortable with fast pace, and pressure of demands from the user community.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support across multiple applications;
- Handle support tickets that are escalated by our first line support team;
- Analyse software and infrastructure logs to help prevent future issues;
- Troubleshoot new issues, provide root cause analyses;
- Work within the framework and guidelines of ITIL processes and policies, ensuring alignment to best practice;
- Monitor trouble management system to ensure all reported issues are addressed according to the established service level agreement;
- Maintain configuration of multiple environments and support the implementation of application patches and releases;
- Participate in cross-functional teams to address systems issues;
- Support Infrastructure and application enhancements;
- Research, propose and implement fixes;
- Keep our technical documentation, including known error log and fix instructions, up to date;
- Document and train first / second line support staff on how to fix known issues;
- Keep regular communication with the customer to advise of the progress of tickets, incident investigation and diagnosis.
Your essential tech skills are:
- WildFly (JBoss)/Oracle WebLogic Server
- MS IIS
- Service Now/Jira
- Knowledge of IT monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios)
You also possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university;
- 3-4 years of IT technical support experience in a fast paces environment;
- The ability to work across different teams and in a multi-cultural and demanding environment;
- The ability to work on multiple items at one time and to ensure that overall priorities are being met;
- Experience in reading and use technical software documentation for trouble ticket solution;
- Strong analytical skills, a detail oriented mind set and you are able to complete duties with a high level of accuracy;
- Strong experience with troubleshooting
- ITIL certificate (nice to have);
- English: upper intermediate level both oral and written;
What we offer:
- Full-time temporary contract (with the possibility of extension);
- Salary in line with your seniority;
- Meal vouchers;
But above all you will be part of a great team in a multinational environment!
Work location: Parma
Send us a copy of your resume, granting your consent to process your personal data for recruiting purposes according to law 196/2003 and law 13 GDPR (UE 2016/679).
This job opportunity is open to all genders.
Apply for this position!
Fill in the fields below and if you want, add a personal message.
We hope to see you soon in our office!
- 18 Marzo 2019
Maps Group search a Product Development & Market Intelligence Specialist.The professional figure sought will be part of our R&D department and will help the team Artexe to understand the market needs and develop the most competitive set of solutions for the patient journey digital management.Maggiori informazioni
- 14 Marzo 2019
Maps Group search a IT Technical Support EngineerAs a technical support engineer you will be part of our Operations team and, liaising with our 1st line Help Desk, you will provide second and third level IT support for the infrastructure and application layers of our customer IT systemMaggiori informazioni
- 11 Marzo 2019
Maps Group cerca un Project Manager – IT HealthcareLa figura professionale ricercata, farà parte del team di Delivery della nostra divisione Artexe, focalizzata sul settore sanitario, e il suo compito sarà la gestione di tutto il ciclo di vita dell’implementazione dei sistemi Artexe per la gestione delle attese, presso clienti e strutture sanitarie della regione Toscana.Maggiori informazioni
- 8 Marzo 2019
Maps Group cerca un Business Consultant – IT Healthcare.La figura professionale cercata dovrà essere in grado di garantire la formazione dei clienti e il loro affiancamento nell'utilizzo dei software in area sanità sviluppati da Maps Group, compresi il supporto tecnico specifico e la consulenza gestionale.Maggiori informazioni
- 7 Marzo 2019
Maps Group cerca Impiegato amministrativo Cat. Protette (L68/99) – Parma.La figura professionale ricercata verrà inserita nel team di Finance & Administration. Riportando direttamente al Responsabile Amministrativo, gestirà in autonomia tutti gli adempimenti in materia amministrativa e contabile.Maggiori informazioni
- 5 Marzo 2019
Maps Group cerca Full-Stack Software Developer – E-HealthLa figura professionale ricercata - curiosa, creativa e appassionata di innovazione tecnologica - entrerà a far parte del nostro team di Ricerca e Sviluppo (R&D), dove, collaborando in modalità agile con i colleghi e con gli altri dipartimenti di Artexe, si occuperà di sviluppare, implementare e mantenere il software delle soluzioni Artexe.Maggiori informazioni
- 4 Marzo 2019
Maps Group cerca un Junior Software DeveloperLa figura professionale ricercata - curiosa, creativa e appassionata di innovazione tecnologica - verrà formata sugli aspetti funzionali del mercato di riferimento dell'azienda per poi occuparsi di implementazione e innovazione dei prodotti e delle soluzioni aziendali.Maggiori informazioni